Just some help // from me to you


Socan - Pays on the public performance of the composition


SoundExchange - Pays on the public performance for the sound recording


Rightsflow (for Google Play)


Medianet Services (Can file NOIs and eNOIs for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and a few thousand other sites that may have your music.)


HFA (Harry Fox Agency) for mechanical licensing


Audium for Youtube and a few other digital sites.


MusicReports for copywriting your music and more licensing.

Tunesat - a digital fingerprint on your music and it assists with collecting but is not necessary for the beginning, but I do recommend it. 










Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA)

CMHA is a voluntary organization that is dedicated to mental health prevention and promotion.

Workplace Mental Health provides employers and unions with in-depth trainingresources, and valuable support that can address and improve psychological health and safety in the workplace.

Arts’ Health Alliance

Arts’ Health Alliance provides health and wellness support for artists of all disciplines in all stages of their careers, including those behind the scenes.

They offer education programs that empower creatives to take better care of their health, and ultimately, of their art and creations programs that offer opportunities for artists to work on creative projects with seasoned artist-facilitators and mentors.

Arts’ Health Centre is an integrative outpatient clinic offering both medical and complementary care for the artistic community.

Over the Bridge

Over the Bridge is a non-profit organization that offers awareness of mental health and addiction education and support resources for the music industry.

Mental Health and Addiction information from A-Z

Naloxone Training provides life-saving naloxone training to the Ontario music community at live music venues and festivals.

Mental Health help

Addiction Help

Unison Benevolent Fund

Unison Benevolent Fund is a non-profit, registered charity that provides counselling and emergency relief services to the Canadian music community.

They offer counselling and health solutions and provide a toll-free number to connect Canadian music professionals with resources and support for personal and practical issues.

They also offer financial assistance and insurance.


Ontario Arts Council (OAC)

An independent agency of the Ontario Ministry of Culture that supports artists and organizations involved in the arts in Ontario through grants, awards and services.

121 Bloor Street East, 7th Floor
Toronto, Ontario
M4W 3M5
Tel: (416) 961-1660
Toll-Free: 1-800-387-0058

Music Newfoundland & Labrador

The organization’s mandate is to represent the music industry of these two regions to government, business and the community; to increase awareness of the music produced there; and to create opportunities to stimulate growth.

186 Duckworth Street
St. John’s, Newfoundland
A1C 1G5
Tel: (709) 754-2574
Fax: (709) 754-5758

Manitoba Music

Manitoba Music provides information and resources about all aspects of the music industry to its members, as well as career development assistance and opportunities for networking, education, and promotion.

1-376 Donald Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba
R3B 2J2
Tel: (204) 942-8650


A non-profit organization created to foster the development of francophone vocal music by supporting the production, marketing and promotion of sound recordings.

4385, rue Saint-Hubert, bureau 2
Montréal, Québec
H2J 2X1
Tel: (514) 861-8444
Toll-Free: 1-800 861-5561

Manitoba Film & Music

This not-for-profit corporation provides support for Manitoba’s film, video and sound recording industries, both at home and throughout the world.

410 – 93 Lombard Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba
R3B 3B1
Tel: (204) 947-2040

Foundation Assisting Canadian Talent on Recordings (FACTOR)

A private, non-profit organization and an industrial strategy, FACTOR is dedicated to providing assistance to independent recording artists, songwriters, lyricists, record labels, distributors, producers, engineers and video directors, thereby supporting the growth and development of the Canadian independent recording industry.

247 Spadina Avenue, 3rd Floor
Toronto, Ontario
M5T 3A8
Tel: (416) 696-2215
E-mail :

Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec (CALQ)

A government corporation that works to foster, develop and distribute the arts in Quebec by granting assistance to professional artists and non-profit cultural organizations.

Montreal office
500, place d’Armes
15e étage
Montréal, Québec
H2Y 2W2
Tel: (514) 864-3350
Toll-Free: 1-800-608-3350

Québec office
79, boul. René-Lévesque Est
3e étage, bureau 320
Québec, Québec
G1R 5N5
Tel: (418) 643-1707
Toll-Free: 1-800-897-1707


Conseil des arts de Montréal (CAM)

A dynamic partner in Montreal’s artistic and cultural development, CAM supports the creation, production and distribution of the arts in the Montreal metropolitan area.

Maison du Conseil des arts
Édifice Gaston-Miron
1210 Sherbrooke St. E.
Montreal, Quebec
H2L 1L9
(514) 280-3780

Canada Council for the Arts (CCA)

This national arm’s-length agency fosters the development of the arts in Canada through grants, services and awards to professional Canadian artists and arts organizations.

150 Elgin St
P.O. Box 1047
Ottawa, Ontario
K1P 5V8
Toll-Free: 1-800-263-5588
Fax: (613) 566-4390

Alberta Foundation for the Arts (AFA)

A crown agency of the Government of Alberta, the AFA distributes $16.1 million each year from lottery revenues to individual and organizations in the visual, performing and literary arts. The AFA also administers the Alberta Film Development Program’s annual budget of $5 million.

901 Standard Life Centre
10708-105 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta
T5H 0A1
Tel: (780) 427-9968

British Columbia Arts Council (BCAC)

An independent agency established by the province, the BCAC supports arts and culture in British Columbia through grants, public education, research and advocacy.

2nd Floor, 800 Johnson Street
Victoria, British Columbia
V8W 1N3
Tel: (250) 356-1718

Music BC Industry Association

A non-profit organization that supports and promotes the spirit, development, and growth of the BC music community provincially, nationally, and internationally. Music BC provides education, resources, advocacy, funding opportunities, and a forum for communication.

100 – 938 Howe St.
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6Z 1N9
Tel: 604.873.1914
Toll Free: 1-888-866-8570

Music New Brunswick

Music NB is the provincial music industry association of New Brunswick. Its mandate is to facilitate the growth and development of not only the musical talent in the province, but also the growth of the industry’s infrastructure.

P.O. Box 1638
Moncton, New Brunswick
E1C 9X4
Tel: (506) 383-4662

Music Nova Scotia

A non-profit organization created to foster, develop and promote the full potential of the music industry in Nova Scotia.

2169 Gottingen Street
Halifax, NS B3K 3B5
Tel: (902) 423-6271
Toll-Free: 1-888-343-6426

Music Prince Edward Island

Music PEI is a non-profit member services organization devoted to advancing the careers of Island musicians. Music PEI actively seeks ways to promote, foster and develop artists and the music industry on PEI.

P.O. Box 2371
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
C1A 8C4
Tel: (902) 894-6734

MusicYukon (Recording Arts Industry – Yukon Association)

A not-for-profit organization created to advocate for the business training needs of its members, to develop the industry as a whole, and to develop educational programming and mentoring for its entry-level artists.

108 Elliott St, Ste. 416
Whitehorse, Yukon Territory
Y1A 6C4
Tel: (867) 456-8742

New Brunswick Arts Board (NBAB)

An arts funding agency with a legislated mandate to facilitate and promote the creation of art; facilitate enjoyment, awareness, and understanding of the arts; advise the provincial government on arts policy; unify and speak for the regional arts community; and administer funding programs for professional artists.

634 Queen Street, 2nd floor
Fredericton, New Brunswick
E3B 1C3
Tel: (506) 444-4444
Toll-Free: 1-866-460-2787

Radio Starmaker Fund

This private fund was created by the Canadian Association of Broadcasters (CAB) to make a substantial difference to the careers of Canadian artists by investing in their future.

372 Bay Street
Suite 302
Toronto, Ontario
M5H 2W9
Tel: (416) 597-6622
Toll-Free: 1-888-256-2211

Saskatchewan Arts Board (SAB)

The SAB’s mission is to cultivate an environment in which the arts thrive for the benefit of everyone in Saskatchewan.

Regina Office
1355 Broad Street
Regina, Saskatchewan
S4R 7V1
Tel: (306) 787-4056
Toll-Free: 1-800-667-7526

Saskatoon Office
417 24th Street East
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
S7K 0K7
Tel: (306) 964-1155
Toll-Free: 1-800-667-7526


Sask-Music (Saskatchewan Recording Industry Association)

A non-profit organization that provides its members with information, national lobbying and access to industry associations across Canada, while working towards the continued economic growth of the industry.

Regina Office
1831 College Ave, 3rd floor
Regina, Saskatchewan
S4P 4V5

Saskatoon Office
202-226 20th Street West
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
S7M 0W9

Tel: (306) 347-0676
Toll-Free: 1-800-347-0676

SOCAN Foundation

Dedicated to fostering musical creativity and promoting a greater understanding of the role of music creators, the SOCAN Foundation supports a wide range of creative artists and music presenters through various grant, residency, competition and award programs.

Charlie Andrews, Manager
41 Valleybrook Drive
Toronto, Ontario
M3B 2S6
Tel: (416) 445-8700
Toll-free: 1-800-557-6226

Toronto Arts Council (TAC)

An arm’s-length body that supports the development, accessibility and excellence of the arts in Toronto, the TAC offers grants programs to a broad range of the city’s arts organizations and professional artists.

26 Grand Trunk Crescent, Suite 200
Toronto, Ontario
M5J 3A9
Tel: (416) 392-6800

Yukon Film & Sound Commission (YFSC)

Funded by the Yukon Government, Department of Economic Development, the Sound Recording Program supports Yukon sound recording professionals to develop viable careers and businesses by making sound recordings in Yukon for broadcast and commercial release.

Yukon Film & Sound Commission
Box 2703
Whitehorse, Yukon
Y1A 2C6 Canada
Tel: 867-667-5400

La Société de développement des entreprises culturelles du Québec (SODEC)

Cette société d’État du gouvernement du Québec soutient l’implantation et le développement des entreprises culturelles en veillant à ce qu’elles participent selon leur plein potentiel à l’économie du Québec.

Bureau de Montréal
215, rue Saint-Jacques, bureau 800
Montréal, Québec
H2Y 1M6

Tél. : (514) 841-2200
Sans frais : 1-800-363-0401

Bureau de Québec
36 –1/2 rue Saint-Pierre
Québec, Québec
G1K 3Z6
Tél. : (418) 643-2581

Courriel :
Site : 

Ontario Media Development Corporation (OMDC)

The OMDC plays an important role in book publishing, music, interactive digital media, film, magazine publishing, and television industries, building the capacity and competitiveness of Ontario’s cultural media industry.

175 Bloor Street East
South Tower, Suite 501
Toronto, Ontario
M4W 3R8
Tel: (416) 314-6858

Ontario Arts Council (OAC)

An independent agency of the Ontario Ministry of Culture that supports artists and organizations involved in the arts in Ontario through grants, awards and services.

121 Bloor Street East, 7th Floor
Toronto, Ontario
M4W 3M5
Tel: (416) 961-1660
Toll-Free: 1-800-387-0058

Newfoundland and Labrador Arts Council (NLAC)

A non-profit organization fostering arts in the province by operating financial assistance programs; providing services and resources; and working with government and the community.

P.O. Box 98
St. John’s, Newfoundland
A1C 5H5
Tel: (709) 726-2212
Toll-Free: 1-866-726-2212

Alberta Music Industry Association

AMIA’a mission is to foster the excellence, diversity and vitality of Alberta artists and the Alberta sound recording industry.

10722 103 Avenue NW
Edmonton, Alberta
T5J 5G7
Tel: (780) 428-3372

Nic Bam 2020 logo-red.png

© 2020 by NIC BAM

Declaration: I have been given amazing opportunities within the Hip Hop culture and with rap music. This culture I love so much was created by the black culture and has been appropriated for far too long. Out of enlightenment and respect, I feel I owe a piece of my earnings whenever I profit from my art because I wouldn't have it if their people weren't torn from their homes in the first place. Another acknowledgment I need to equally make is to the Indian's (First Nations.) For me to live on your land , more specifically on (Anishinabewaki ᐊᓂᔑᓈᐯᐗᑭ , Huron-Wendat , Haudenosaunee  land) and earn from my art, I feel you also are entitled to a piece of my earnings. All of my royalties, licensing, publishing, and performance fees will be split 25% / 25% / 50% between resources here in Canada created to support the Black communities and Indian's here in Canada.